Overall Ranking: 2/5
Price: Range from $25 per month to $2,500 per year
Owners: Stuart Ross and Jay Kubassek
Stuart Ross and Jay Kubassek released the Six Figure Mentors (SFM) program in August 2010 and a revised version in 2012. On the face of it, the platform provides members with the know-how in making money online as a beginner and in learning the ins and outs to make it more successful.
But there’s more to it than being an online marketing course. In reality, the SFM program is a multi-level marketing program that provides members with basic knowledge in affiliate marketing. However, some have labeled it a multi-level marketing scam.
This is because interested individuals have to pay for the privilege of being an SFM Affiliate. Keep in mind that legitimate affiliate programs don’t require their members to pay for fees, aside from the domain and hosting fees, for their websites.
Instead, affiliate marketers are paid a commission for either bringing in the leads (i.e., clicks on the links by visitors) or the conversions (i.e., purchases made by the customers). You may pay for the website domain and hosting fees but that’s about it since the rest of the payments will boil down to three people – the customer paying for the products, the vendor paying for your commissions, and the vendor paying the affiliate network for its services.
If you have to pay other fees, then you’re likely being lured into a multi-level marketing scam.
Of course, the SFM program has its share of benefits.
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Basic techniques in affiliate marketing are provided in the modules
- Easy-to-understand informative video tutorials
- Sales team present for closing the leads
- Possibility to make money from commissions and referrals
- Elite Membership package includes a website
The creators are also upfront about the fact that the SFM program isn’t a get-rich-quick scheme, which is a plus point in its favor.
But the SFM program has its fair share of headaches, too, including:
- You have to pay hundreds of dollars in order to enjoy actual training and to become a member affiliate.
- You will be strongly encouraged, even pressured, to purchase all of the upselling programs. The promise in every upsell: You will enjoy better profits in comparison with the basic program. You can find better information about raking in more money on the Internet – and for free, too.
- You have to purchase expensive memberships to the SMF and Digital Experts Academy. This means spending more money on membership fees instead of earning money from commissions. Think Amway and Usana.
- You must pay for the expensive website creation, domain name registration, and website hosting fees. This isn’t a good idea since there are dozens of websites offering affordable hosting fees for affiliate marketers.
- You should continue paying your affiliate membership fees so that you can receive your affiliate commissions.
The bottom line: Be careful about falling for the hype since it will work against your moneymaking schemes, sooner or later.
WHO IT IS FOR
According to its creators, the SFM program is suitable for:
- People who are new to online businesses
- Beginner and intermediate affiliate marketers looking for new opportunities
- Owners of existing businesses who want to get basic and advanced online marketing education in the comfort of their own homes
The SFM program provides the following training tools for people willing and able to pay the fees.
- Step-by-step training modules containing resource materials and video tutorials
- Personal system consultant who will provide one-on-one professional guidance for each member
- Weekly training webinars that provide useful information and insights into affiliate marketing techniques and tools
In many ways, you will get a good education about the basics of affiliate marketing when you’re enrolled in the SFM program. But since you can get many of the training information for free or for a nominal fee from other websites, the impact of the SFM training is reduced.
The SFM program has the following aspects as part of its support program:
- Exclusive membership in a private community of fellow members. The community has live chat and forum where members can ask questions and get answers, exchange ideas and insights, and solicit opinions on relevant matters, even catch up on the latest news.
- Digital skills platform, an educational resource with innovative videos lasting for 60 to 120 seconds. The rationale: People learn faster through bite-sized tutorials providing current insights into affiliate marketing.
- Digital business lounge, which offers vital tools for affiliate marketers in one convenient place.
- Dedicated support system team available via live chat and phone
Members can also attend live events where they can meet with the program creators and fellow members.
The price of SFM membership is among the most expensive in the industry although there’s also a free trial for each level. The levels or membership are:
- Free affiliate access with free trial
- Student access with $29.95 application fee and $25/month optional fee
- Essential Membership with $297 enrollment fee and $97/month fee
- Elite Membership, an add-on, available for $2,500/year
Why pay hundreds, even thousands, of dollars for an affiliate marketing program when there are plenty of other choices? You should realize by now that the SFM program is a multi-level marketing program thinly disguised as an affiliate marketing training program. The signs are there – you have to pay for expensive fees for membership and upsell to even more expensive packages.
Instead of buying into this scheme, you should consider cost-efficient, results-effective alternatives. Your best bet: The Wealthy Affiliate system.
You will find that it’s an easy-to-use, affordable, and profitable platform for your affiliate marketing plans, thanks to its website creator and hosting services, training tools, and support services. You don’t have to be pressured into upselling since the basic package will already be sufficient for your purpose.
Please leave a comment. I’ll be happy to answer your questions and thoughts.
It has helped over a million people make money online through affiliate marketing.
This is a very reputable company and we are proud to recommend them as our top choice!